Advertisement

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Conversation


While driving to my village (kampong) 240 km away form the capital city, I heard my three sons talking. They were all on their semester break of their respective universities.

All out of schools.

Their conversation goes like this:

Son number 2 :

“Brother, when I was in the boarding school, one night after the night preparation class , we went back to our dorm.”

“We talked about music and song and singers.”

“In the hostel at our dorm my friend knocked two spoons together , klik, klik , klik.”

“The other friend of mine knocked on the bed ..klang …klang ….klang.”

“Two other boys knocked on the window pane ….. kling … kling …. Kling.”

”Three other boys clapped their hands and a beautiful rhythm was created.”

”I danced to the tune. I break dance.”

“Suddenly! The hostel warden barged in. He scolded us and punished us by asking us to sleep on the corridor of the hostel.”

“We abide, but sleeping outside is better, it is colder.”

Cikgutanya: I just keep my mouth shut , but my heart says WHAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment