Advertisement

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Loyalty 5


No 8 : An Indonesian man.

“I am so scared. I watched the news on television about Malaysian getting married to Indonesians.”

I also told my friend that I have advised my maid to get married. But she just refused.

My maid told me she doesn’t want to get married just because the society wants her to get married.

My maid said to me, “We must also think of our future. I have been here working with you for the past twenty years.”

“I know there’ll be a point of time for me to leave you.”

“20 years of working with you and getting a monthly payment, I have put some good in it anyway.”

“I have asked my father and brother to plant coconut trees on the empty plot behind our house. It is quite a big area, about three acres of land.”

“The land was inherited from my grandfather by my father. My brother is in charge of taking care of the plants. We share the income.”

“Beside that three acres of land which is big enough for us all (my 2 brothers and I), we can build a house each. Two other sisters of mine will make their home in Johor as they are all married to Johorians”

“I have a substantial amount of savings in my Bank Simpanan Nasional account. It is enough to built a two bedroom house for my self. A kampung style house. A mixture of wood and cement. So I think, I will be taken care off in my old age.”

“But I still want to work with you because you are just like a sister to me now. So why worry about getting married that might not come out well.”

CIKGUTANYA : For a person who never went to school and who cannot read nor write, she can think objectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment