Advertisement

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Minor 2


“What is you father’s opinion?”

“He just don’t care about me. He’s always drunk, always beat up my mother, my sister and I for no apparent reason.”

“So with the money that I earned, I can help my mother and also enjoy myself.”

“How do you enjoy yourself?”

“Watching movies, eating out and go camping.”

Since, he never break any school rules, never played truant, did all his homework on time, there is nothing the school could do.

We just advised him to think about his future.

He was caught three times in his two years tenure as an illegal CD seller.

He passed his SPM examination and got a place in Form Sixth.

I asked him about his illegal activities.

“I stopped selling it once I turned 18”

“Why?”

“If caught, I am not a minor anymore. I can be send to jail.”

“With the money that I have saved, my mother and my 25 year old unmarried sister opened a small stall in front of our house selling food.”

“My house is located near a factory. Every day the workers of this factory will buy the food my mother and sister sells. From rice to noodles, kuih (cakes) to drinks. My mother and sister can make between RM50 – RM 100 a day.”

“My father passed away last year due to yellow fever. The doctor told us it is due to his drinking habits. My family is happier now.”

“From now on, I will study and be a good citizen.”

CIKGUTANYA: To err is human. Give them the chance to grow and mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment