Advertisement

Thursday, July 8, 2010

ALUMNI


About six of my former students of 1977 got together.

They wanted to have a get together dinner with former friends and teachers. Using the latest IT gadget, hand phones and the internet they managed to do it. I was there to celebrate with them.

As a teacher. There’s nothing like seeing your ex-student together again. We reminisced about the good old days, talked about school, former teachers, their antics at school when they were in school before. Long gossips on students, teachers and what not.

Then, I saw one particular boy, on the heavier side with half of his hair gone.

“Teacher, how are you? Long time no see.” The normal phrase for meeting.

“I am fine. Din (not his real name).”

“How long have it been, Din?”

“Teacher, about 30 years we have not met.”

“Din, what are you doing now? I mean career wise.”

“I am a Professor with a local university now.”

CIKGUTANYA: Professor? Congratulations. My students a Professor, Dato’, Businessman, Lt Colonel. ME - Still a teacher until I die!

No comments:

Post a Comment