Advertisement

Saturday, July 10, 2010

JUDO


Mr Muthu was my judo teacher. I was in Form Four then.

I joined the judo club for RM10/= per term. On Thursday every week, there will be judo practice.

“Girl, come out here!” and ‘Bummmmm’ he threw me on the judo mattress. For 1½ hours it will be practice and practice. My body ache all over.

My grandmother told me, “Stop going to the Judo class. Look at your body, bruises here and there. One day you might break a bone or two. What is the use of learning how to fight.”

I refused. I like judo very much. It gave me a sense of power and strength.

“Ok, if that’s what you want!”

One day after judo practice, I felt a fever coming over me. My body ached.
I went straight home.

At home, there were piles of plates and glasses that need to be washed (a group of my grandfather’s friend came to the house – so hi-tea was served by my grandmother).

My grandmother said, “Please help me clean and wash the plates, cups and glasses.”

“Grandma, I am very tired. There was judo practice today and I am not feeling well.”

“If you don’t help me now, tomorrow I am going to see your Mr Muthu to get you out of the judo class.”

Suddenly, I felt all the pain gone. I just cleaned all the plates, cups and glasses. After everything was cleared, I took a shower and off to sleep at 8.30 pm.

CIKGUTANYA: One of the best slumber I have ever had. The magic of forced persuasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment