Advertisement

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Snake with four feet


The students of the city, some of them, if I may say, do not even know how some creatures of the wild looked like.

When I was the principal in this school, a former student donated some money for the beautification of the school. After a brief meeting with the administrators, we chose to built a Japanese garden with a fish pond in it.
The area was about 25 feet by 25 feet, just like farmville. When it was ready it really look beautiful. We asked the former student to officiate the opening of the garden. Her name was crafted on the stone at the garden.

We bought about 40 Japanese carp (fish) of different colors, beautiful, about 6 inches long. Costing about RM 20/= each.

The next morning, two of the fishes were missing. I thought maybe one of the naughty boys took the fish home.

For one week, I kept missing one or two fishes a day. I was perplexed as to who the culprit was.

One day, a boy came to me and told me, “Teacher, a snake got into the fish pond and it is eating the fish!”

I went to the pond immediately and saw a monitor lizard (biawak) eating the fish.

“That is not a snake, that is a monitor lizard.”

“No, teacher, that is a snake with four feet!”

CIKGUTANYA: Student should watch National Geographic to know about animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment