Advertisement

Monday, July 19, 2010

Hurt 2


Working with this catering company earned him RM50 a day. He only worked on weekends and during the school holidays.

He managed to pass all his public examination (PMR, SPM and STPM) and then furthering his studies in one of the local university. In the local university, he supported himself. He even paid the fees of his studies by working part time.

He worked part time in a hotel as a waiter for special events and on weekends and term breaks. He works from 9am till 3pm. He was a good and trustworthy worker. The hotel sometimes asked him to do other jobs besides being a waiter with extra pay.

Every year he will come to my house usually on the New Year day.

He still stays with his blind grandmother. His grandfather had passed away.

His mother is still with her husband plus two more kids. This boy visited his mother once in a while because his stepfather just didn’t care enough about him.

What about his father?

He never visited his father.

“Why should I go and visit him. He was never there for me. I have to fend for myself since I am thirteen.”

CIKGUTANYA: What would you do, if you were him?

1 comment: