Advertisement

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Unable to Sleep


When I was the Principal of this all girls school, my senior assistant organized a trip to Langkawi Island that would allow the student to travel by train.

None of the girls have had the experience of travelling on the train before. The trip was then their first time. They were very happy and excited indeed.

From KL Central, we boarded the train to Kuala Perlis. It was very noisy. All of them were very excited. 70 students and 14 teachers. Havoc was nearly created at the station. Everybody wants to be the first to board the train.

Two special coaches were allocated to us. It was fun. The girls brought so much food with them as though they were going to starve. They had a jolly good time eating along the way. Sandwiches and a lot more.

I bought two tickets for berth (sleeping bed) on another coach, for me and my son.
The train started to move at 8.30 pm.

I went straight to the berth. We had our dinner at Kuala Lumpur Central Station. I bought a packet of fried noodles and four bottles of mineral water. So feeling hungry is out of question.

I told my son to sleep or lie down on the berth as I need to go to the other coach to check on the students.

Arrogantly my son told me, “Mama I don’t think I can sleep tonight. The train moves and it shakes to the left and right. I don’t think I will be able to sleep in this kind of condition. I will be wide awake the whole night.”

I told him, “My dear, just try!”

That was at 9.00 pm.

“No! No! I won’t be able to sleep. But I will try!”

“Dear just try to sleep. I want to go and see my students, then I will come back to sleep. Ok?”

“Ok, mama. I will be waiting for you wide awake.”

I moved to the other coach to see my students and teachers.

At 9.45 pm after everything was settled. I went back to the sleeping berth.

My unable to sleep son was going “zzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz”

The train shakes to the left and right alright. But my son, keep on snoozing and snoring.

CIKGUTANYA: My son, you are the apple of my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment