Advertisement

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mother's Food


My neighbour liked to asked my children about the food that I prepare for them. My first son, aged 8, at that time, will answer all her question. Now he is 27 and married.

Breakfast:

“What do you have for breakfast today?”

“We have nasi lemak , delicious.”

“What kind of gravy your mother made for the nasi lemak, anchovies, prawn or chicken.?

“No gravy, we can’t stand chilly. Too hot.”

“So , how do you eat you nasi lemak?”

“With boil eggs, cucumber and peanut.”

“Is it all?”

“Yes, and it is very delicious.”

Lunch time:

“What do you have for lunch?”

“Rice”

“What are the dishes for the lunch?”

“Omelet, cucumber and chicken soup.”

“Is it delicious?”

“Yes, very delicious.”

Dinner time:

“What do you have for dinner”

“Rice, egg with soy sauce, cucumber and chicken soup.”

“Is it delicious”

“Yes , very nice!”

My children, a girl and three boys just love the food I prepared for them without any comment. They will eat whatever I cooked, and every time,

“Mama, delicious.”

I just make sure that there will be vegetables on the table. They just love vegetables.

Now they are all grown up, still love vegetables and whatever food I cook. It gave me great pleasure seeing them eat and enjoy the food.

I always pray to God, “Don’t let the death angel take my life away while I am enjoying myself seeing my children eat the food I cooked. Take my life after they have finished eating.”

I have trained my maid to cook food they way I cooked it. She can.

CIKGUTANYA : My dear children , you mean the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment