Advertisement

Sunday, July 25, 2010

LIONS! Eating Grass!


My friend followed her husband who was posted to New York.

The brought their two little babies. Age eight months and two years.

They stayed there for five years.
When they came back the oldest was seven and the youngest was five years old. The children can speak the native’s tougue very well.

One day my friend and I brought our children to the zoo.

On the way to the zoo there were about 10 cows grazing the grass by the road side.

My friend’s oldest daughter screamed, “ Mama! Mama! Look at the lions, so big eating grass!”

I looked at my friend and she just shrugged her shoulder.

I told her “You are very bad!”

She said to me, “If you are good make sure my children loves animal and know all about the animal. I leave it to you, my dear friend.”

We arrived at the zoo, the children was very happy. My friend’s children only knew the name of a few animals like giraffe, elephant and kangaroo.

My jaw was so tired of answering their questions. They were so excited to know about all the animals.

They are now in their twenties and they watch National Geographic every day on television.

“Aunty, you make us interested in animals and the trip to the zoo before was an eye opener to us. Thanks aunty. We are now saving some of our pocket money to go to Sabah Orang Utan’s Sanctuary and The African Safari Park one day.”

Good. I have fulfilled my friend’s wish.

CIKTUTANYA; My children: No 1 only interested in sports program. No 2 – food channel. No 3 – music channel. Me – CSI freak.

No comments:

Post a Comment