Advertisement

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Double Standard 2



Sorry for not updating these few days. Away for National Service duty in remote areas without internet. We will be back by next week, however this installment is due to me being able to go to the nearest town 50km away..

“What is the different, papa?”

“I am your father, you are my daughter. I have to think about you and your future. Any father would feel hurt if his daughter wants to marry a married man.”

“What about the father of your second wife?”

“That was different!”

“Why is it so different when it happened to you? You are being unfair?”

“I am not talking about being fair. I still won’t allow you to marry that man. He is irresponsible towards his family!”

“How do you know? You have never met him. How can you know that he won’t be fair and irresponsible?”

She continued, “Papa, he is rich. Maybe he is not a millionaire but he has his own construction company. He already bought a house for us to stay after we were married. He wanted to give me his Mercedes, he have five cars. His wife goes overseas almost every year.”

“I will be having a comfortable life, papa!” she insisted.

“Can’t you see that? All those are just his way of making you fall for him.”

“Papa what about you? Do you think you second wife wants to marry you if you are penniless?”

“Don’t be rude, you have to listen to me.”

He stormed out.

CIKGUTANYA: I will continue later, the Commandant of the camp is calling me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment