Advertisement

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Holiday In Langkawi


I brought my sons and daughter to Pulau Langkawi (Langkawi Island) for a family holiday when they were small.

We then went island hopping from one island to another.

There were two islands in Langkawi called “The Big Fart Island” (Pulau Kentut Besar)
and “The Small Fart Island” (Pulau Kentut Kecil).

My son then asked me, “Mama why are the name of these two islands so weird?”

I then throw back the question to him,

“Why do you think so, my dear, the name of these two island is such?”

“Mama, I think, once there were two divers searching for oysters.”

“But before they dived, they ate a lot of beans for breakfast.”

“They stayed so long underwater searching for the oysters. Full of beans, and so their stomach bloated. So they begin to fart.”

“The first diver farted in a big way. ‘POOOOOT’. The bubble from the fart formed the big island.”

“The other diver farted in a small way. ‘Peeeeeet’. The bubble from the fart formed the smaller island.”

“That is how these islands got their names!”

I laughed and laughed at his wits. He was only twelve then.

CIKGUTANYA: My children are the sunshine of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Haluuu Cikgu Makcik... Remember me hey??? Zamri... Guy from ur TOT group... hahaha

    ReplyDelete