Advertisement

Friday, May 7, 2010

Double Standard 4


“It disrupted my performance at work. I just can’t focus.”

“You must have noticed that I lost 25kg within 20 days. I couldn’t sleep. All of you think I am on a diet, but I am not. I was suffering inside. I can’t eat at that time.”

“I cried all night in the bedroom. I didn’t cry in front of you all because I want you to see me as a strong mother. But the truth is I am not strong at all. My energy were all drained.”

“What I am trying to tell you is, that’s the feeling of your future ‘other woman’ – the first wife.”

“After your father was married to her, the nights were worst. I kept thinking about him and her and it was killing me. Before his marriage he was with me for 30 days and nights. After his marriage he spends 15 days and nights there. I lost 15 days. She was lucky because from zero, she had him for fifteen days.”

“Now can you imagine the other woman’s feeling when her husband a.k.a your boy friend ask her to sign the consent paper to marry you, my dear.”

“Man will promise a lot of things for you, as what your father did to me 25 year ago, but look what had he done today? I am not going to force you to drop him, but please do think it over.”

“Imagine yourself in the other woman shoes. Would you sign the consent papers without feeling sad. If you can, go ahead. If anything goes wrong later, I am here for you to confide in.”

“I know God allows a muslim man to marry four wives, I am not against it, that is why I signed the paper of consent, but the feeling, the feeling, the feeling was awful!”

Three weeks later she broke of with her boy friend. Now she is married to a nice young man with a potential future. Anyway she doesn’t need to marry him for material wealth because her father and her mother are wealthy.

CIKGUTANYA: Mothers always has a way of influencing their children. I love you my dear mother friend. I admire your strength in facing the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment