Advertisement

Monday, May 17, 2010

Rubber Tree


When I was in standard six, my friends and I like to go to the rubber estate to search for rubber seeds. Not to plant it but to used it for the traditional game of “congkak”.

To play the game we need 98 rubber seeds in total.

We were so engrossed picking-up the seeds without realizing the so called mad man of the village was approaching us. He became mad because he was such a mama boy that when his mother passed away he just lost his mind.

We ran away when we realized that he was near. We also screamed and ran as fast as we could as though our life was in danger.

What I remember was that the four of us peed in our pants while running because we were so scared,.

We met at my grandmother’s well and took a bath fully clothed.

My grandmother was confused because I came back to the house all wet when there was no rain. I had to explain to her what had happened.

She just said this to me, “The rubber tree will grow healthy because of the fertilizer in your pee.”

Then she just walked off and laughed.

CIKGUTANYA: He he he the rubber tree is now gone because the North-South Highway was built on the rubber tree estate. Grandma, you were such a sport. May God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment