Advertisement

Monday, May 10, 2010

Sleeping Boy


I was in the class. Teaching. History lesson. This boy was sleeping. I woke him up. He pushed my hand. I woke him up again. Again he pushed my hand. I tried again for the third time.

He stood up and screamed at me, “Teacher. You ci...i!” (its the f…k word in the Chinese dialect.)

I pulled his hand and brought him to the principal’s office.

“Sir, this boy screamed at me and cursed me with the ci….i word when I was teaching!”

“Haiya (Alas)! How could say ci...i to your teacher? You shouldn’t say ci...i to your teacher. Ci...i is a bad word to say out loud. I don’t like it if anybody say the word ci...i. If you’re angry you mustn’t say the word ci...i. I don’t understand why sometimes people used the word ci...i, as if it was their everyday use.”

“Boy, you must remember you have to learn to abstain yourself from saying the word ci...i. I never said ci...i even if I am very angry.”

“Do you think your father and mother like it if you say ci...i. I don’t think your parents will agree for you to used the word ci...i to your teacher. Do you like it if others used the word ci...i on you?”

“Let me remind you again don’t use ci...i especially when you speak to your teachers. It’s rude to say ci...i . OK boy?”

He looked at me and say,
“Teacher, I am sorry for the boy’s behavior towards you. Please call his father and mother, I want to see them tomorrow.”

CIKGUTANYA: The boy say ci...i – ONCE to me The principal in his lecture to the boy used the word 13 times. Hmmm wonder how!

No comments:

Post a Comment