Advertisement

Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Grandmother's Sex Education


When I was in standard six, my school was in my small village. I walked to school or sometimes my grandfather will cycle me to school.

The environment the village were serene, peace and safe.

On completion of my primary education, I have to enroll in a secondary school to further my studies. I have to take the bus to town. The town is 10 kilometers away.

My grandmother was very worried. I am a very protected granddaughter.

My first sex education was from her.

“Listen here, don’t you ever touch a man’s finger.”

“Why?” “

“You will get pregnant if you do that.”

“Ok.”

On the first day to the new school, my grandmother sent me to the bus stand with plenty of reminders.

“Don’t do that, don’t do this. Take care of that, take care of this. Watch out for that, watch out for this.. bla.. bla.. bla.”

The bus arrived. I went up the bus and off to the new school. The conductor of the bus, a man, has to collect the fare from the passengers and then gave them tickets to continue the journey.

On my first day, my grandmother gave me 30 cents for the day allowance. 10 cents for the ticket - two ways and 20 cents for food.

40 years ago 30 cent was a lot for allowances. On the way to school everything was fine but on the way back something happened!

I was happy on the bus. I was laughing away with my friends.

The conductor was busy collecting fares and giving away the tickets. It was my turn then. I gave him the money - no finger touching but when he wanted to gave me the ticket, the bus driver braked hard on the brake pedal and the bus jerked.

CIKGUTANYA : My gosh , I will continue tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment