Advertisement

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Exam Results


This student received his PMR result.

Language – A
English – C
History – B
Sciences – C
Mathematic - D
Geography - C
and a few subject more – all C

The school had to put him in the Arts stream class.

The next day, his father came to school and scolded me for putting his son in the arts stream class.

I explained that I didn’t put him in that class but HIS RESULT did. To be in the science class, he at least must achieved the minimum qualification, 4 A’s and 4 B’s.

The father was not satisfied with the explanation. He insisted that his son to be put in the science class.

“I want him to be a doctor and to be a doctor he must be in the science class.”

“But, sir, with his results (Science - C and Mathematics - D) he can’t cope with the curriculum of the Form Four and Form Five science class later.”

“He’ll be left behind because the student of the science classes achieved better results in their basic science and mathematics.”

His father comment was, “Put him in the science class or I will complain to the minister.”

The school then agreed to his demand

Two years passed by. When the SPM result was announced I personally looked at the boy’s result.

True enough, the boy’s result was very bad. He failed all his sciences subjects (Biology, Physics and Chemistry) and all the Mathematics papers (Additional Math and Mathematics).

His father came with him to the school to get his result. I just ignored the father. I am only human.

CIKGUTANYA : I told you so….

No comments:

Post a Comment