Advertisement

Monday, March 15, 2010

All The Vocabulary






My son took his SPM (Malaysian Certificate of Education) some nine years ago. I didn’t know who is more jittery and scared – the mother or the son.

Three months later the result for the exam was announced. He went alone to the school to get his results as he did not want to be embarrassed should anything happened.

As a mother who is anxious to know his result, I keep on calling him over the mobile.

"Sayang (My dear) what do you get for your SPM (Malaysian Certificate of Education)?"

He told me, "Don’t worry mama, a good son like me will get all the letters in the vocabulary: 5A, 3B , 1C. 1D and 1E."

"Any F's?" I asked him.

"No mama."

"What's the 'E' for? I enquired.

"History."

Am I mad? Would you be mad? Its just like "doesn't make sense". You know what, I am a history teacher and very good at that. How did my son get an "E" for History?

Anyway, I still love him for the achievement in life. He is now furthering his studies – in Engineering. All because his Mathematics , Additional Mathematics , English , and Engineering studies was excellent. He got good grades in his Diploma course and he is now overseas doing a degree course in Engineering.

He is a very good son. He is the sunshine of my life . His laughter makes my day.

Off to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment