Advertisement

Monday, March 8, 2010

Story of a Girl






At last I am able to register as a blogger!!.

My youngest son who is 22 years old , always told me to register because to him I have a lot to tell.

He said “Mama , if you write something on the blog all the stories that you told me everyday, a lot of people will be able to share the story with you and the most important thing of all , I don’t have to listen to all that anymore”.

My thinking was : I will have to stop sending him money so that he can’t spent it on his girlfriend . Serve him right.!

I have been a teacher all my life. A discipline teacher, a senior assistant for student affairs and a Principal in as many as 15 schools for the past 31 years . What I like most for being in the mainstream of the education system in Malaysia is I have thousand of students. Some of them remember me, some do not. The same goes to me. I remember some teachers but not all.

The first story that i like to share with you is about a boy and a girl who are students. Please give me feedback and comment on how would you handle the situation at that moment.

It happened around 1990’s , where a group of people have been mustered to keep an eye on public behavior in teir respective area..

One morning this group consisting of six persons came to my office. They reported on one particular girl from the school in which I am the senior assistant student affairs. They told me that this girl was seen kissing her boyfriend on the bench outside the girl’s home. The parent was not around at that time. They wanted me to punished the girl for misbehaving. I told them it is not within my power to punish the girl because it did not happened in the school compound.

The school jurisdiction (which is mine too) is only if it happened in the school compound, so action can only be taken if the girl go against the rule of the school. Anyway I told them I will advise the girl accordingly. The group left fully satisfied with my explanation.

After they left, I called the girl . She is a beautiful girl, with long hair, flawless skin, white pearly teeth, tall, slim and soft spoken. She was one of the school netball player. A Form Five girl. Academically – just above average.

I told her about the group that came . She cried when I asked her to tell me what really happened that night. She confessed that she and the boy did kissed. And she told me,
“Cikgu , which is better , my boyfriend who do it with love or my brother who keep on raping me when he got the chance?”

Blanked. I just looked at her.

“My brother raped me when I was in Form Three. My parent run a canteen in one of the 24-hours factory. They leave the house at 5.00 am and will only come back at 12.00 midnigt. They know what happened because I told them, but they asked me to keep it to myself for the sake of the family name. I wanted to go the police station and lodge a police report but my parent was against it, they did not want my brother to be charged. I was aghast. but what can I do. I have a set of keys to the house, so does my brother. Every time I came back from school, I have to make sure he’s not around, I did not get out of my room until my parent come home. Luckily the toilet is attached to my room. But he still managed to rape me. That’s when I started staying back in school until the evening school is over. My boyfriend will wait for me, send me home, stay outside the house, and I stay on with him until my mother and father come home. My brother did not bother me any more. But because I am in love with my boy friend, I kissed him and he kissed me. That was when this group caught us. I am not sorry. My parents knew about it because the group came and told them. My parents just reprimanded me because they know better of what happened to me."

CIKGU TANYA wish to know what will you do in the same situation. If you are the girl or if you are the parents and if you are the school authorities.

I will continue my story later.

Night – night.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like to read ur story/experience..good for me"cikgu 2011"..insyaallah..blog cikgutanya is one of my favourite blog i ltk kat blog saye..saye suke bace pnglaman2 cikgu n patut dikongsi

    ReplyDelete
  3. pengalamn ini hanya dapat diirasai jika kita menghayati nya

    ReplyDelete