Advertisement

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Naive?






When I was in all girl school as a Principal, my teachers organized a trip to Taman Negara (National Park) in Pahang. Two bus load of city girls went.

We reached Taman Negara (National Park) at 5.30 in the evening. Priority one was, we must put up tents immediately before dark. Briefing was scheduled at 7.00 o’clock just before dinner.

During briefing the first notification to all members was:

Do not make noise because it will chase away the animal.

After dinner, everybody was in their tents to rest after a long day journey. The environment was quiet and full of tranquility.

At 9.30 pm three girls came to our tent telling us that four wild boars had ripped apart their tent and ate all the food that they brought from home.

I asked them, “Why didn’t you chase the wild boars away by yelling , clapping or screaming?”

One of the girl told me, “ When the briefing was given, we were reminded not to make any noise so we just look at the boar eating. We just follow what was told to us!”

I am stunt and lost for words.

CIKGUTANYA: Am I wrong or the girls just plain naïve?

1 comment: