Advertisement

Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Karaoke Set





There was this boy who studied in Form Six. If he passed his STPM (Malaysian High School Certificate or HSC) he can get a place in the university to further his studies.

Let us call him Aziz (not his real name). In order to further his studies in the public university, Aziz must get four or five Principal passes for his STPM. But Aziz only managed to get three Principal passes. With that, he cannot get a place in the public universities. But, he can continue his studies if he enroll in any of the private colleges in Malaysia.

He asked his mother and father to support him while he studies in the private college, but his mother and father rejected his plea. He came to me and asked me to help him to persuade his parents for support. I did just that.

I went to his parent’s house and talk to them. Their house is quite decent, big with a big television set, his mother wore diamond earring, diamond ring and bracelets and she was really beautiful. When I told them to help their son to further his studies, their comment was,

“Teacher if I spent my money on him which is RM 250 (Ringgit Malaysia Two hundred fifty) a month and then he fails, we will lose our money. RM 250 multiply 36 months (3 years) and all other fees, it will be about RM20,000. I can buy a new karaoke set and my wife will be able to buy more gold for herself.’

I was shocked.

I had to break the bad news to the boy, I can see that he is very frustrated.

However, he managed to get a job in a bank. And with his monthly pay he managed to gain entry into the local university night classes, but it will be six years before he can get his degree.

This boy is very persistent. He graduated after six years and was promoted as an assistant manager in the bank. He got married, bought a car and got a son. He visited his mother once a month.

I bumped into his mother recently and she complained to me that her son only visited her once a month. Never give her money, only buys enough food to eat whenever he came to her house.

I felt like giving her a piece of my mind. But I just zipped my mouth and flashed off in front of her the way she behaved when I asked for her to support her son when he wanted her help in order to study.

Some parents just like to reap the harvest but never wanted to toil the soil.

Tsk …tsk …tsk.

3 comments:

  1. to me the parent of the boy is merely businessman and bsinesswoman. kesian betul, well, they better plan to hire someone baca fatihah and ngaji kat kubur dia orang when the time comes. we have to educate the parents ....it seems

    ReplyDelete
  2. education is a long process. menuntut ilmu dari buaian hingga ke liang lahad. itu sabdan Rasullullah.

    ReplyDelete