Advertisement

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Playing Truant

There was this boy , who always play truant , always late to school , sleep in the class and many more mischief done .

The school management team got all his record .

One day, I caught him sneaking out from his class and out of the school compound.

I called the discipline teacher, the head boy and the class teacher.

I showed him all his wrongdoings as reported for the past weeks. WITH ALL the record in front of him and explained in detail this boy got the cheek to tell me this,

‘TARAK CIKGU , INI SATU KALI JUGA BUAT”
(Teacher this is the first time I did it)

My God , I felt like slapping him on the face spontaneously, but on second thought, I have to adhere to the Ministry Of Education rules in place – no corporal punishment of misbehaving students.

“Awak tak mengaku yang awak dah buat banyak kali” ( You do not admit that you have done it many times before?)

“Cikgu kasi peluang la cikgu. Ini kali saja, saya tak buat lagi” (Please teacher give me one more chance, I will not do it again”)

“Peluang, peluang, berapa banyak peluang mahu bagi . BANYAK CANTIK MUKA AWAK?) “ (Literally : (Chance! How many time do I have to give you the chance , U think your face is beautiful?)

I was taken aback by his spontaneous answer.

“CIKGU, MUKA SAYA TARAK CANTIK. MUKA CIKGU LAGI CANTIK.”
(Literally: No teacher , I am not beautiful, your face is more beautiful)

I don’t know whether to cry, to laugh or to get angry.

As a principal I can cane student with the present of two witnesses and I gave him one stroke of the cane on the buttock.

Happy dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment