Advertisement

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Abuse of Power!





I like to shop in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman and the surrounding areas.

A few years ago, I went to this area, to do my shopping. At that time, there were no parking meters in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, instead the parking boys was in attendance to write tickets on cars parked there.

I shopped from ten in the morning until six in the afternoon. What the heck am I doing!

Every time when my hand was full of merchandise I would return to the car to put in all the things that I buy into the car. I noticed that there was no parking tickets.

I was getting worried. Usually there will be a stack of bills on the windscreen because the parking boy will put the bill every hour.

At six pm when I was just about to go home, this parking boy came over to me and told me, “Teacher, I didn’t put the parking ticket on your car. I am your former student.”

Then I remembered him instantly. He was one of the naughty boys in school.

“But teacher, I am a good boy now. Can I come over to your house just to reminisce about the past? I heard that you kept a lot of picture of us in school.”

He did come and we had a lot of stories of the schooling days.

He is now no more the parking boy attendant but a dispatcher. At least there is some development in his career in life.

CIKGUTANYA: Thank you for remembering me and allowing me free parking. DBKL will be furious! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment