Advertisement

Friday, April 16, 2010

Rivals





These two all boys school were rivals at hockey.

As a newly appointed teacher and posted to one of the rival school, I was given a task to handle the hockey team. The boys practiced hard. My school was in Group A. The other school was in Group B.

Fair and good.

After a few rounds of interschool competition, my school and the rival school was in the final.

On the day of the final, both team were ready.

After half time, hell broke loose. I don’t know when and how. But I saw the two teams with their hockey sticks up in the air, chasing after one another. To tell you the truth, I was scared.

The supporters from both school ran into the field and fought. I ran to the police station for help. I was lucky because the police station was only 200 meters away.

I was young and slim, so I can ran faster. I cried along the way thinking about the principal and his lectures when he see me the next day.

The police came and the fight stopped. Three boys were sent to the hospital.

It was an aweful experience to me.

CIKGUTANYA: I never allowed my sons to play hockey. Not in a million years.

2 comments:

  1. hockey is a very very aggresive sport...almost had my leg broken cause of it..i think hockey is going to be illegal in about 10 or 15 years to come..especially ice hockey..=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. teruk nya.. but if u play the game well.. nothing can get violent

    ReplyDelete