Advertisement

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Chicken Barn





It was very difficult in the late 60’s to find good students in science subjects.

My brother was one of those few students who were good in science. After the LCE (Lower Certificate of Education – equal to PMR now), he was placed in the science class in form four.

My brother was very bright but full of mischief.

One day, he took home some chemicals from the school’s laboratory without the teacher’s knowledge.

That afternoon, the house was extra ordinary quite. I thought he was sleeping.

Suddenly, “BOOM”!!

It was loud. The entire family looked out. We saw our chicken coop/barn full of smoke. The chicken flying around helter skelter. The eggs was every where. Chuckle Chuckle.

My brother’s hair, eyebrows and eyelashes looked burnt. We can see that he was shocked.

He told my father:

“I am sorry. I got into the chicken coop/barn to experiment something that my teacher told in class. I mixed those two liquid and ‘boom’ it went. I am sorry papa.”
(The teacher only told, but did not warn of the consequences!)

“It’s okey. You are safe. That’s good enough.”

“But , look at my face! It’s burnt, how am I going to school tomorrow?”

Sob, sob.

“It’s your problem. You asked for it.”

Anyway my brother went to school the next day but nobody said anything about it. But behind him they were giggling.

He is now 50 years old.

CIKGUTANYA: Lucky for me my dear brother. You are not my student. But, no matter what, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment