Advertisement

Monday, April 5, 2010

Puppy Love!





I was in standard five. He was in standard six.

He was the son of my school’s headmaster.

During English Reading lesson, usually my English teacher will take us out of the class to read under the trees just in front of the headmaster’s office.

It was fun to read in the open space. Windy and shady, no air-conditioning those days.

I had just finished reading three sentences aloud as asked by my English teacher when I saw this standard six boy holding his father’s hand and pull him towards us.

When they were in front of me and the boy told his father, “Papa, this is the girl I wanted to marry.”

I was taken by surprised. I retorted by saying, “Who wants to marry you. Shame on you.”

In front of his father I got into a fight with the boy. Fist and kick and all to settle our differences. Was it fun!

I last met him some 15 years ago. He is now married with three children.

We laughed together when we went down memory lane.

CIKGUTANYA: Those were the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment