Advertisement

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Hair





This former student’s of mine went the USA to further his study. There he met a girl. After a few month of friendship, they fall in love.

He is handsome, she is beautiful. Both very intelligent. Both have a bright future .

As a Muslim she abided to the call of wearing “tudung” (scarf) on her head. Not a strand of hair can be seen.

But, this boy (her boyfriend) wanted to see her hair just once before they get married.

She refused as it is wrong for a man to see a women “aurat” (the whole body accept for the face and hand)

He then asked her girlfriend’s roommate how his girlfriend’s hair looks like. It seems that even the roommate never saw her hair as she is always wearing something to hide her hair.

After their convocation, both were back in Malaysia, got engaged and then got married.

After the wedding, she took off her “tudung” and he was aghast!

He was shocked to see that her hair was so little. She was nearly bald.

After three months of marriage they were divorced.

I called up the boy regarding the matter.

“I felt that I was being trapped in this marriage. She is still beautiful . She is a good wife but I just can’t forget that she lied to me. If only she had told me the truth, giving me a ‘soft landing’ shock, I might not feel this way. Every time I see her head, I see her as a liar. I couldn’t help it. I am going to marry a non-wearing tudung ( scarf ) woman and I will ask her to wear the tudung (scarf) after we are married. I don’t want to be trapped and lied to again.”

CIKGUTANYA: TO ERR IS HUMAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment