Advertisement

Friday, April 2, 2010

The Plight





In the year 1990, I was transferred to a co-ed school.

One day a girl told her plight to the evening session senior assistant. She was just 13 years old.

Since I was the Senior Assistant of Student Affairs, she (the evening session senior assistant) discussed with me of what to do in this girl case.

The case:

Her stepfather always harassed her sexually. We advised her to tell her mother.

She did. But her mother didn’t believe her because to the mother the stepfather is a very pious man (by the way he behave in front of her).

We then advised her to make a police report. She did.

The outcome:

That evening the police arrested the stepfather, took him to the police station for questioning.

The mother came to my house screaming her heart’s out about the school being unfair to her, screaming about her husband , telling me how good he is, blah blah blah.

After she was gone, my neighbor came to my house and asked me, “Teacher, is she your husband’s second wife?”

The girl mother commanded the girl to retract her police report. She did and the stepfather was set free.

The school managed to put her into a hostel run by the state foundation for the under privileged and special cases.

I don’t know what happened to her now. I’ve lost touch with her.

CIKGUTANYA: I hope for her well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment