Advertisement

Friday, April 9, 2010

Nothing Else Changed!





He is a very committed teacher. Full of zest in doing things. Polite to the administrators. Nice to all the teachers. Understanding toward the students. Jovial and very optimistic. But he had to undergo dialysis for kidney failure three times a week.

After ten years of dialysis he was able to undergo kidney transplant. An organ donor just died. The donor was a permanent residence of Malaysia. Originally from England.

Luckily , his body didn’t reject the kidney. After three months of medical leave, he came back to school to start teaching again.

I asked him about his operation and the side-effects.

He said, “The operation went well. No problem. I am now having a kidney of an Englishman. The side effect is that I am now very hairy” (which is of course true - because I can see a lot of hair on his arm.)

“Besides that nothing else changed, I wish some other size would change but ‘wink.wink’ god did not allow it!”

He still teaches in the same school with the same zest and most importantly still healthy.

CIKGUTANYA: A note from me. Get your self a blue contact lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment