Advertisement

Monday, April 19, 2010

Why Do You Come to School?





She’s small. Petite. Very soft-spoken. She was posted to this all boys school.

I became her friend immediately because I am also new at the school.

Her timetable and mine was such that we had to teach two classes of “the naughty boys”. She taught them Language, while I taught them History.

She found it very hard to teach the class of “the naughty boys”.

They like to tease her. Some of the boy even made passes at her.

Whenever she finished teaching them, she will complained about them to the other teachers in the staffroom.

“Today the boys refused to listen to me.”

“They keep on making noise.”

“They asked me stupid questions.”

“It’s like hell coming to school to teach.”

“I felt like quitting the profession.”

One day she rushed to the staff room crying. Really crying and sobbing.

For 15 minutes she was crying. We just let her cry her heart out. When her tears subside, she told us what happened in class.

“I asked the boys if they don’t want to study, if they don’t want to do the homework or the exercises given and if they don’t want to listen to the teacher, then why must they bother to come to school?”

This boy answered me, “Teacher, I came to school just to masturbate!”

The staffroom suddenly became very quiet. Even if a pin was dropped, you can hear it.

CIKGUTANYA: That happened 32 years ago. Can you imagine the behavior of some of the boys of today?

3 comments:

  1. Cikgu Tanya, i love reading your blog and sorry that i haven't ask your permission before spreading link to your blog to all my fellow teacher friends.

    Jangan marah ye...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok.. this is for us as teachers to share..

    ReplyDelete
  3. any new experience you teachers have?

    ReplyDelete