Advertisement

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Buffet 2


As there was no fixed seating arrangement for the lunch, I sat with a few boys at one corner of the hall.

“How was the food?” I asked them.

One boy answered,

“Teacher, this is the first time that I see so many dishes of food. I don’t know which and what to eat first.”

“Why?”

“At my home there will only be two types of dishes.”

“Fish or chicken and one type of vegetable. If one dish is fried the other one is soupy kind of dish, everyday without fail.”

“Why?”

“Teacher, that is all my parents can afford. Thank you for giving me the chance to join in this lunch. I am very grateful.”

He keeps on eating.

I allowed him to take the leftover food home for the family.

I will now tell my children not to be picky when it comes to food.

CIKGUTANYA: What about you? How many dishes a day? Have you ever thought of others who cannot afford a decent meal daily?

No comments:

Post a Comment