Advertisement

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kentucky Fried Chicken


I was being assigned to teach history in four classes.

Two good classes and two mediocre classes.

I then made a promise to the students from the two mediocre classes, if they pass their history paper in the final exam at the end of the year, I will take them to Kentucky Fried Chicken for a treat.

Six students passed the final exam.

I took them to the KFC near the Central Market Kuala Lumpur in my van.

I choked when I heard one boy this to say tohis friends:

“This is the first time, I eat at KFC. My parents only have enough money to get us by, day by day. Food is scarce. As long there is rice on the plate and some dried salted fish to eat, we’re thankful.”

It flashed my mind, what happened to me: A monthly family trip to KFC.

My first son: “Mama, I only want the wings!”

My second son: “Mama, I only want the breast!”

My third son: “Mama, I only want the drumstick!”

My daughter: “I only want the fries!”

This boy: He NEVER had the chance to go to KFC for a meal.

My children: Had so many choices to order in the KFC restaurant.

CIKGUTANYA: We should count our blessings that we can have what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment