Advertisement

Monday, June 14, 2010

Walkabout Management


As the principal of this all boys school, I have to be on my toes all the time. Twice a day ,before and after recess I will do my walking about management.

In one class in particular, before recess, I saw no mark on the wall. The paint was still clean. But on my walk after recess I saw shoe-prints on the wall and surprisingly on the ceiling too.

I asked the class teacher to investigate.

She told me, “No one admitted to it, no one knew who did it.”

“OK” I said, “We’ll see about that.”

The first thing the next day I walked into the class.

The boys were quiet and attentive.

“I am not angry at seeing the shoe-prints on the wall and the ceiling. I don’t even want you to paint the wall and the ceiling again. All I wanted is that, the boy who did it to write a phrase beside his shoe-print for the others to remember his deeds.”

One boy put up his hand and asked me, “Teacher, what is the phrase?”

“Since there were 4 shoe-prints – two on the wall and two on the ceiling, please write or paste the phrase just beside those shoe-prints as I say it.”

Phrase one - “The step to success”
Phrase two – “The step to a better future”
Phrase three – “The step of a successful person”
Phrase four – “ The step of a good leader”.

The whole class was then quite.

CIKGUTANYA: We must be very positive in handling negative attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment