Advertisement

Saturday, June 26, 2010

NEW BROOM


My nephew is a new teacher in this urban school.

He was an engineer with the national airlines before. His qualification was engineering in aerospace. It was a very promising career.

But after four years with the airlines engineering department, he quit and did his diploma in education to become a teacher.

“You are stupid,” I told him.

“What was your parents reaction?”

He told me, “They said, ‘do whatever you think best for yourself – you are the one who will live with your decision. Whatever decision you make or choose we will always support you’.”

He got his diploma and get posted to this school.

He is fair, 28 years old, clean face (not even one pimple) smartly clothed, a neat person. You should see his handwriting. Neat as if it is being printed by a laser printer. I used to envy his handwriting.

He is full of energy. He likes being a teacher. Maybe the blood is in him!

The senior assistant is my good friend. She will call me regularly to talk to me and sometimes my nephew’s name will be mentioned.

It seems the male teachers of this school are too complacent. They just go day by day to school and do the teaching without any zest.

They always try to turn my “new broom sweeps clean” nephew to be like them.

CIKGUTANYA : It is hard to be a new person / officer or staff in any organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment